Seek Ye First
Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Some years ago everything in my life seemed to be going wrong, things I tried to do failed for all sorts of different reasons and then I was given the challenge to be a Kingdom Seeker. I had been a Christian for more than thirty years, I had been involved with churches, I had worked with a missionary organisation, but had I been a Kingdom seeker?
I started to look at scriptures and saw that Jesus often talked about the Kingdom of God. I found in Romans
Rom 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
And then came across the words of Jesus that said
Luk 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
This gave me some confusion so I started to pray and to look for more.
In my search I was lead in many directions and looked at all sorts of things but never forgetting the original path of seeking the Kingdom.
- I looked more about the King and His righteousness and how He worked,
- I saw what I have come to call “God’s fivefold plan”.
- I looked at man and how he was made to see why he was failing.
- I looked at creation and saw more how it worked.
- I looked at religion verse relationship and the organic church verse the organised church.
- I looked at who we are, who we think we are and who we should be.
The one conclusion that I came to was that if it were not for the grace of God we would all be totally lost.